Reporting to the VP Government Relations and Communications (VPGR), the Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and tracking of all communications materials to help tell the Ocean Supercluster story, promote events and activities, expand general public awareness, and keep key stakeholder groups informed. With a heavy focus on writing for a variety of materials, reports and platforms, this role requires excellent writing and editing skills, a background in marketing and communications, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Develop content for a range of communications deliverables including newsletters, briefing notes, news releases, and presentations.
- Prepare reports, summaries, and scripts that help tell the stories of Ocean Supercluster projects and their impacts.
- Manage and maintain national and regional media lists, distributing information across these networks as required.
- Support planning activities for Ocean Supercluster project announcements.
- Actively participate in the development of marketing and communications plans.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations or marketing
- Previous experience in media relations and government relations an asset
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office’s suite of products
- Experience using a variety of social media channels
- French (written/spoken) is an asset
Attributes & Fit
- Results-driven with a keen eye for detail, efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Ability to create a broad range of content for online, print, and face to face
- Experience in supporting events and promotional activity
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency to get things done well and on time
- Generates enthusiasm, excitement and engagement with their surrounding team
Work With Us
If this sounds like you and you have a passion to bring value and contribute to an organization that is making an enormous impact, we want to hear from you. Submit a combined PDF document of your resume, highlighting your relevant experience with a cover letter outlining why you are ready to join a self-driven team of professionals to: email@example.com with the subject line: ‘Your Next Communications Coordinator’.
We embrace inclusion and diversity and welcome applicants to self-identify. Please indicate in your cover letter if you belong or self-identify in one of the underrepresented groups: Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
All applications will be reviewed, although only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All interviews will take place with your safety in mind and will be at distance through technology.
Technology Leadership Program Manager
One-year term (with potential for renewal), Full time
Location: Atlantic Canada
- Building the OSC project pipeline through the development of relationships with OSC members and potential members, connecting members with similar ideas, and providing feedback on project ideas;
- Guiding proponents in developing project proposals, including full development of key milestones, strategy and intellectual property/commercialization strategy;
- Oversee OSC project delivery to ensure successful outcomes including performance of contract tasks, on-time deliverables, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements;
- Establishing program objectives, strategy and milestones;
- Presentations and report updates to senior leadership teams, project partners, and key stakeholders;
- Support the project selection process for projects, the contracting process and the claims process;
- Support workshops and meetings with working groups; and
- Support the development and updating of key documents and leverage OSC tools
- 7+ years of combined relevant experience in R&D/technology and program management
- Experience working with research-oriented, project/portfolio management processes
- An understanding of how to initiate, plan, and manage collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience dealing with private sector, government, research laboratories, and educational institutions
- Experience in and understanding of ocean technologies and ocean operations
The candidate will have proven leadership and interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communications skills. The ability to effectively make critical decisions, communicate with leaders and decision makers, demonstrate leadership and teamwork is required.
This position will include domestic travel and may include international travel.
Work With Us
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s opportunity to transform Canada’s ocean economy into a technology-driven, digitally powered knowledge economy.
NOTE: PLEASE MERGE YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV INTO ONE PDF DOCUMENT
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
end to email@example.com