Canada’s Ocean Supercluster (OSC) is one of Canada’s supercluster initiatives located in Atlantic Canada. The Ocean Supercluster is an industry-led collaboration that will build Canada’s ocean economy into one of the county’s most significant and sustainable value-creating economic segments.
The OSC brings together investors and partners from across ocean industries to develop and commercialize innovative solutions to shared challenges in the form of projects. Some projects start from an idea that an OSC member pitches to other potential partners. Others are born from the strong relationships that exist between OSC members. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Project Controller is a finance team lead who will build up a deep understanding of the OSC’s project portfolio and related activities, and act as the point of contact for OSC members, staff and ISED related to project claims and costing.
Permanent Full Time
Location: Atlantic Canada
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as key point of contact for OSC staff, project proponents and others regarding project budgets, claims, costing and advances;
- Review, and provide input on, project proposals to ensure soundness and eligibility of financial elements of the project
- Liaise with OSC program managers and prospective project proponents to understand and provide feedback on project budgets, costing and eligible costs of project proposals and contracts;
- Liaise with project proponents to obtain and understand quarterly cashflow forecasts and process advance requests;
- Provide clarification, interpretation or answer any project related claim questions;
- Record and process project claims in the OSC’s claims management system and financial accounting system;
- Prepare regular financial reports for management and OSC staff on project claims and costing
- Fulfil OSC’s reporting requirements to ISED as required with respect to project costing information, KPIs, etc.;
- Create and maintain guides, manuals or any material related to project claims, eligible project costs, etc.;
- Proactively identify, and/or participate in, OSC systems changes, enhancements or implementations which impact project claims;
- Develop a deep understanding of project costs and provide clarification and interpretation to staff, members and prospective project proponents;
- Manage the project claims verification and approval process from end to end, being responsible for validating, processing and approving project claims and working with project proponents to obtain the necessary documentation;
- Continually work to update/enhance policies, processes, procedures and templates either specific, or relevant, to TL and IE projects;
- Provide assistance to the Director of Finance in relation to monthly financial reporting requirements and other operational finance activities as needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 5-7 years of financial management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA accounting designation
- Experience in client facing environment or other service delivery/relationship-building environment
- Comfortable working and collaborating both virtually and remotely with others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with ability to meet tight deadlines when required
- Strong working knowledge of project or job-costing and reporting
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s opportunity to transform Canada’s ocean economy into a technology-driven, digitally powered knowledge economy.
NOTE: PLEASE MERGE YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV INTO ONE .PDF DOCUMENT
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org