Communications Coordinator (12-month contract)
This is an exciting role that will help Canada’s Ocean Supercluster continue to build its brand and tell its story across Canada and internationally through a broad-range of programs, initiatives and campaigns delivered in collaboration with the members of the OSC team.
Reporting to the Chief Engagement and Communication Officer, the successful candidate will have meticulous attention to detail in writing and editing compelling communications material; as well as experience in developing and supporting the delivery of social media content, managing media events, and supporting stakeholder engagement activities including government relations.
We are looking for a communications professional who is engaged, effective in working in a remote environment, collaborative, and willing to dig in and work with the team across a number of priorities. If this sounds like you, and you are excited by the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the future of Canada’s sustainable ocean economy, read on!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit materials including news releases, email blasts, speaking notes, reports, social media posts, articles, presentations, and blogs
- Plan, write, layout and distribute monthly organizational newsletter using Mailchimp
- Manage and update national media lists, and support media pitching
- Actively contribute to development of marketing communications campaigns from concept development to research to writing to working with creative for finalization
- Manage marketing communications request form intake and project log
- Support government relations activities including participating in ongoing impact reporting and update meetings
What you bring:
- Experience in writing a wide-range of corporate communications materials with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience working on a marketing communications campaigns to help build awareness, promote participation and build ongoing engagement
- Comfortable interacting with media for the purposes of coordination of requests and outreach
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high impact communications material
- Experience working both with senior teams and junior staff members to achieve objectives.
- Comfortable working entirely remotely and engaging effectively in a virtual environment with key stakeholders
Ideal Additional Qualifications:
- Completion of a university or college program in communications, PR or marketing
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a communications role
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s ocean opportunity and growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way.
The OSC is committed to your career growth and supports team-wide professional development through internal training in DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion).
The OSC is committed to living its values, which includes the development of a diverse, inclusive, and equitable experience for our applicants and team members. Please let us know if you require any interview accommodations.
Apply Now by providing your cover letter, and resume to email@example.com