Canada’s Ocean Supercluster accelerates the development and commercialization of made-in-Canada ocean solutions in energy transition, food security, future of transport, and climate change while also growing more companies, creating more jobs, and attracting ocean talent. As Canada’s national ocean cluster, the OSC is a convenor of members, partners, and networks and a catalyst for transformative growth that helps build the robust ecosystem needed to help realize – a 5X growth potential in ocean in Canada by 2035. To date, the OSC has approved more than 90 projects with a total value of more than $400 million which will deliver more than 200 new made-in-Canada ocean products, processes, and services to sell to the world. For more information visit oceansupercluster.ca
The OSC has a team of over 30 employees across eight provinces.
About the Candidate:
Reporting to the Manager of Partnerships and Stakeholder Relations, this exciting role will maintain a comprehensive and accurate database of the OSC membership and support the execution of engagement activities.
Our ideal candidate will quickly make use of their collaborative, creative and analytical skills, to maintain our ever evolving and comprehensive database of membership information, develop dashboards and reports that will inform strategic decisions and help to further develop and implement the OSC’s member acquisition, onboarding and retention processes. You will also be called upon to support the greater engagement team in a variety of ongoing projects, including virtual events and research activities. This is an excellent opportunity for a new or recent graduate to build valuable experience in inputting, managing and presenting data. If this sounds like you, and you are excited by the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the future of Canada’s sustainable ocean economy, read on!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a deep understanding and expert use of membership database (Salesforce CRM), member portal, member communication channels and membership processes;
- Ensure accuracy and robustness of membership data in database and work across departments to fill any gaps;
- Work across departments to optimize member onboarding and retention processes;
- Engage with members to answer questions about OSC membership and work across departments to ensure accurate and timely responses;
- Research and identify potential members through various channels, including online research, social media, and networking events;
- Analyze multiple points of data and summarize their findings on membership and create meaningful dashboards and reports using Salesforce CRM and other tools, including PowerBI;
- Support the team with stakeholder mapping, industry insights and prospective member outreach;
- Support the documentation and centralization of processes across departments;
- Assist engagement team with execution of engagement plans, including events;
- Related opportunities to contribute to the team as they arise;
What you Bring
- Tech-savvy, with demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills, with the ability to research, collect, analyze information and develop it into meaningful insights
- Highly motivated self-starter who is results-driven with a keen eye for continuous improvement and process optimization
- Enjoy working towards targets
- Ability to interact professionally with a range of stakeholders via various communication methods
- Detail-oriented with a passion for learning, and exploring new ways of working, who thrives in a startup environment.
- You are excited to use your ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to build productive work relationships across departments with a mindset of ‘getting things done’
- Comfortable working entirely remotely and engaging effectively in a virtual environment, including using best practices in collaboration, but also effect at working independently, and autonomously.
Ideal Additional Qualifications
- Completion of an undergraduate degree, diploma or equivalent experience;
- At least one year of professional working experience;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in membership-based organizations and servicing members
- Established network and knowledge of the ocean economy in Canada is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s ocean opportunity and growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way.
The OSC is committed to your career growth and supports team-wide professional development through internal training in DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion).
The OSC is committed to living its values, which includes the development of a diverse, inclusive, and equitable experience for our applicants and team members. Please let us know if you require any interview accommodations.
Apply Now by providing your cover letter, and resume to email@example.com