Ocean Supercluster Announces Call to Fill Innovation Ecosystem Gaps in Ocean Economy
Ocean Supercluster Announces Call to Fill Innovation Ecosystem Gaps in
(June 30, 2021) – Canada’s Ocean Supercluster (OSC) has launched a Canada-wide Call for Proposals under its new Ocean Leaders Impact Program (OLIP). The program focuses on developing new mentorship opportunities and building on the experienced talent pool in Canada’s ocean economy. The Call will help fill the gaps in the innovation ecosystem by investing in projects that forge new partnerships, build on existing talent resources, and foster creative solutions that support small and medium-sized ocean enterprises as they grow.
“When we look at the trajectory of growth in the global ocean economy, we know Canada has the potential to emerge as a leader and play a significant role in the development of solutions that support both greater ocean health and productivity,” said Melody Pardoe, Chief Engagement Officer at Canada’s Ocean Supercluster. “In order to do this, we must build an expanded, more diverse ocean network where SMEs are well-supported with greater access to strategic and critical talent, and the mentorship they need to play a leadership role in the future of our ocean.”
Pardoe says the new Call is designed to address talent and growth challenges for SMEs in Canada’s ocean sectors, unlocking new opportunities to increase Canada’s global competitiveness in ocean.
The Ocean Leaders Impact Program Call for Proposals is designed for projects that can be completed in 12-18 months. The OLIP Call for Proposals is specifically targeting two strategic opportunities, including mentorship and experienced ocean talent, partnering with projects that:
- Attract, train, and retain new mentors in the Canadian ocean innovation ecosystem;
- Create more leadership opportunities for diverse and underrepresented groups;
- Expand the highly skilled ocean talent pool through domestic recruitment efforts targeted outside the ocean economy;
- Support ocean SMEs’ abilities to secure senior leaders and specialized technical talent from international markets; and
- Focus on the career advancement of current employees with senior leadership potential within Canadian ocean SMEs.
The application process is now open, beginning with the Expression Interest (EOI) process. For consideration, organizations must submit a completed EOI by July 28, 2021, at 4 p.m. Atlantic time.
For complete details, visit https://oceansupercluster.ca/projects/ocean-leaders-impact-program