Website and Member Portal Terms and Conditions of Use
Acceptance and Additional Terms
Our member portal is a user-restricted area made available only to members of Canada’s Ocean Supercluster. If you have received login credentials from us and create an account, you must ensure that your registration information is correct, complete, and current. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You must immediately notify us in writing of any authorized use of your account or any other account-related security breach of which you are aware.
For information about becoming a member of Canada’s Ocean Supercluster or to request login credentials or help with the member portal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a condition of your access and use of our Website, you must not:
- Send junk mail, spam, or any form of duplicative messages, whether commercial or non-commercial in nature;
- Tamper with or breach, or attempt to tamper with or breach, the security or integrity of our Website or circumvent any measures we may implement to prevent or limit any such tampering or breaching;
- Gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to data or content not intended for you or to user-restricted areas of our Website;
- Interfere with, change, restrict, burden, disrupt, or disable our Website or any of our systems, servers, hosts, networks, databases, software, hardware, or equipment used by or for our Website;
- In any way reduce or encourage conduct that could reduce anyone’s use or enjoyment of our Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of our Website or expose anyone to liability; or
- Introduce malicious, harmful, or disruptive code, virus, trojan horse, worm, logic bomb or other similar material, or implement denial-of-service attacks or other attacks, or otherwise interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
In addition, you are solely responsible for ensuring you have all necessary rights, licences, consents, and authority for any content, material, and information you submit, post, publish, display, transmit, or otherwise communicate to our Website or to other users (collectively, “Submissions”). You also warrant that any Submissions you make will not:
- Infringe or misappropriate any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or any other intellectual property right, or legal rights like moral rights or rights of privacy;
- Imply endorsement by or origination from Canada’s Ocean Supercluster or any other person or entity, if this is not the case;
- Breach any obligation created by contract to which you are a party, including confidentiality obligations;
- Include abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, exploitive, harassing, harmful, hateful, inflammatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, or otherwise objectionable content or material.
Our Website does not automatically collect personal information (such as your name or email address) from you. We only collect your personal information if you provide it voluntarily to us by sending us mail, an email, using our contact submission form, or setting up an account to access our member portal.
Our Website does automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or content that you view, what Websites or search terms referred you to our Website, and information about how you interact with our Website. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org or the settings in your browser;
- Log files, which track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, general geographic location, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps; and
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Website.
Links to Third Party Websites
We maintain a strong presence on a variety of social media platforms. We often provide links or pointers to our social media accounts and to those of our members, as well as to websites we think may be of interest to visitors to our Website. Any links or pointers on our Website to social media accounts or other third-party websites are provided for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or approval of these other websites by us.
If you choose to access our social media accounts or any third-party website, you do so at your own risk and you should read the terms of service and privacy policies of those social media platforms and third-party websites. We accept no responsibility for the contents of any social media accounts, third-party websites, or any other linked content.
Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
You understand and agree that the Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including all information, software, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, videos, audio, design, presentation, selection, and arrangement are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws, such as copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other proprietary rights.
Company names, logos, designs, images, and slogans appearing on our Website may be trademarks of the respective company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the owner. Any use of such marks, except as expressly authorized in writing by the owner, constitutes an infringement or violation of the rights of the owner, may be a violation of federal or other laws, and could subject the infringer to legal action.
We make our Website available on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. You acknowledge that your use of our Website is at your sole risk. We do not represent, warrant, covenant, or endorse that our Website is complete, accurate, correct, secure, reliable, available, suitable, or current, or that any content, files, or data available through our Website or otherwise will be free of viruses or other destructive code.
Any statements, opinions, or other content made or provided by any third party (“third-party content”) is the responsibility of such third party. Such third-party content does not necessarily reflect our opinion, and we have no responsibility or liability whatsoever to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of third-party content.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstance will Canada’s Ocean Supercluster or its directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, or members (“OSC Group”) be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive, or other damages), whether based in contract, tort, negligence, or any other legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, or reliance on the Website, any linked website or social media platform or account, or for any content, materials, postings, or information thereon, or for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or similar (regardless of the origin), or for any errors or omissions in any content, even if Canada’s Ocean Supercluster has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, or if such damage or loss was foreseeable.
If you are in any way dissatisfied with our Website, your only remedy is to discontinue using our Website.
We operate and maintain our Website from Canada. We make no representation that our Website is appropriate or available for use outside of Canada. If you access our Website from a jurisdiction other than Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all local laws of your jurisdiction.
If any provision of these terms is found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision will be either be limited or removed to the minimum extent necessary and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the address below if you have any questions, comments, or concerns:
Canada’s Ocean Supercluster
PO Box 338
St. John’s, NL