The sustainable development of our ocean economy is one of the most important opportunities of our time. The ocean economy is not only expected to outpace the growth of the broader economy by 20 per cent by 2030, but it has been found that up to 35 per cent of the emissions reductions required by 2050 can be achieved through the ocean. With the longest coastline in the world, fourth largest ocean territory, incredible resources, and some of the most innovative people on the planet, now is Canada’s time to lead in ocean.
- Close to 600 members from across Canada – view our member list here
- $420+ million in total project value commitments to date (with 50% coming from industry partners)
- 90+ projects approved
- 80+ projects announced
- 200+ new made-in-Canada ocean products, processes, and services will be developed and commercialized from projects announced to date
- 96% of projects are led by an SME who invests in the project
- 100% of projects include at least one SME partner
- 5000+ direct and indirect jobs from projects announced to date
- 20,000 expected by 2030
Collaborating Across Canada
With 300 project partners from coast-to-coast-to-coast, the OSC not only co-invests in projects with industry, but is a convenor of Canada’s ocean network. From academia, to industry, including businesses of all sizes, to regional innovation hubs, investors, Indigenous partners, and government, we are collaborating across the country to maximize outcomes and benefits for us all.